SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – A Red Flag Warning has been issued for the entire San Francisco Bay Area and Central Coast.
The warning is in effect from 5 am Sunday to 5 pm Monday due to dry lightning and gusty erratic outflow winds from thunderstorms, according to the National Weather Service.
With the Red Flag Warning comes an increased risk of wildfires that may start near where dry lightning starts.
This means fires have the potential to spread quickly. People are advised to take extra precautions when outdoors.
- Health officials fear holiday travel will trigger new COVID surge
- San Mateo County first to sound alarm on EDD inmate scam
- Women detained for speaking Spanish settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency
- Free Thanksgiving morning workout
- Dr. Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year nominees