SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (BCN/KRON) – A private vigil and celebration of life will be held on Monday for Jason Cortez, a San Francisco firefighter and paramedic who died earlier this month from injuries sustained in a training accident.
The vigil will be held at 4 p.m. at St. Ignatius Church located at 650 Parker Avenue. It is for family and invited guests only. An honor salute by members of the San Francisco Fire Department will follow the services.
On Tuesday morning, a private celebration of Cortez’s life will be held at 11 a.m. at Oracle Park. It is for family and invited guests. This will be live-streamed.
Cortez will be buried at Holy Cross Cemetery in Colma.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Judge drops 3rd-degree murder charge against ex-cop in George Floyd death
- Power Shutoffs loom for over 37,000 customers
- US study shows low risk of contracting COVID-19 while flying
- Bay Area breast cancer survivor to lead charity cycling ride