FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KRON) — Police have not yet arrested a suspect who fatally hit an elderly woman and fled the scene in Fairfield last week.
The Fairfield Police Department said the victim, 81-year-old Namie Stewart, was found lying in the roadway on Cement Hill Road near Laurel Creek Park around 11 p.m. on October 22. She had been struck by a driver.
Police said Stewart died from her injuries at the hospital. Now, the department is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the driver.
Tipsters can contact Sgt. Matt Thomas at 707-428-7524.
- Santa Clara County welcomes back sports, entertainment
- 4 Fun Things: Here’s what’s happening in the Bay Area
- Hundreds take to Oakland streets protesting police killings
- San Francisco police launch anonymous tip line for Chinese language speakers
- Contra Costa County vaccinates hundreds at COVID-19 walk-in clinics