If you are coming into San Francisco on Sunday, keep in mind that the 41st annual Carnaval San Francisco is happening in the Mission District.
In order to make a fun, safe area for the community to enjoy, a number of road closures are in place in the area.
The roads listed below will be blocked off through 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- 15th St, between Mission and Alabama
- 24th St, between York and Mission
- Bryant, between 17th St and Cesar Chavez
- Harrison, between 15th and 16th streets
- Mission, between 15th and 24th streets
- Treat, between Harrison and Alameda
In addition, there are a number of reroutes for Muni. Here is the list:
- The 12 Folsom/Pacific will reroute onto Valencia between Cesar Chavez and 13th St
- The 14 Mission and 14R Mission Rapid will reroute onto Valencia between Cesar Chavez and 13th St
- The 22 Fillmore will reroute onto Division/13th St between Bryant and Valencia
- The 27 Bryant will reroute onto Potrero between Cesar Chavez and Division
- The 33 Ashbury/18th St will reroute onto Duboce/13th St/Division between Guerrero and Bryant
- The 48 Quintara/24th St will reroute onto Cesar Chavez between Valencia and Potrero
- The 49 Mission/Van Ness will reroute onto Valencia between Cesar Chavez and 13th St
- The 55 16th Street will not serve Mission Street stops
- The 67 Bernal Heights will not serve 24th Street stops
The free two-day festival, which kicked off Saturday, celebrates the diverse Latin American and Caribbean roots of the Mission District and Bay Area.
Families are able to try global cuisine and there will be music, dance, arts and crafts, along with other fun activities.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE