In today’s edition of Rob Black’s Winners and Losers, our financial expert Rob Black and KRON4’s James Fletcher talk about home price growth and Halloween spending.
Rob also answers the viewer question, “Should I pay off my mortgage before I retire?”
Home prices fall below 6 percent: Home price growth cools for a fifth straight month. Following reports that home sales are flat to down, price gains are beginning to moderate. Other housing data tell a similar story: prices and sales of new single family homes are weakening, housing starts are mixed and residential fixed investment is down in the last three quarters.
Halloween spending now up to $6 billion: It’s a little less than 2017’s record of $9.1 billion. Around 175 million people are expected to spend a record $86.79 per person. Around 90 percent of Americans will buy candy, spending $2.6 billion. Almost 75 percent will purchase Halloween decor, spending $2.7 billion.
- COUPLE WHO DIED IN FALL AT YOSEMITE’S TAFT POINT IDENTIFIED
- WARRIORS ORDERED TO PAY $40M FOR ORACLE RENOVATIONS
- DAD SERVED KIDS ALCOHOL, HELD THEM CAPTIVE AT DAUGHTER’S SWEET 16
- AMERICA’S MOST EXPENSIVE HOME ON THE MARKET IS LISTED AT $245M
- TEEN CHARGED WITH RAPE OF 6-YEAR-OLD GIRL ON BUS