On today’s edition of Rob Black’s Winners & Losers, financial expert Rob Black talks with KRON4’s Darya Folsom about college kids, visa, and McDonald’s.
Rob also answers the viewer question, “Is a 529 plan the best way to save for college?”
College students and student loans: Each quarter, students (and cosigners) add $30 billion in new debt at interest rates as high as 13 percent, according to the Federal Reserve.
Visa’s ‘tap to pay’: Visa CEO Al Kelly told Barron’s he’s optimistic about multiple growth opportunities—including business-to-business payments and contactless cards.
McDonald’s considering adding vegan burger: McDonald’s CEO told CNBC the company is still trying to figure out if this trend is a fad or if it will sustain the current buzz.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY