Today’s the first day of Sacred Heart Community Service’s Thanksgiving food box distribution.
This year, they are planning for over 4,000 families to come get a food box.
The agency is expecting more than 4,000 families to come through its doors to pick up the special food boxes, which contain 50 pounds of food and a turkey.
Sacred Heart Community Service will also distribute another 3,200 food boxes in December.
Those interested in giving back to the community this holiday season can visit sacredheartcs.org/holidays to donate online, volunteer, or see a wish list of items in need for donation.
You can also drop off a turkey Monday through Wednesday this week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The agency’s donation station is located at 1st and Alma Street in San Jose.
- BAY AREA CITIES NOW AMONG MOST POLLUTED IN WORLD
- AIR QUALITY ISSUES IN BAY AREA EXPECTED UNTIL NEXT WEEK
- CAMP FIRE DEATH TOLL GROWS; HUNDREDS STILL MISSING
- MAP SHOWS HOMES DAMAGED, DESTROYED IN CAMP FIRE
- PG&E CRITICIZED OVER DEADLY CAMP FIRE