OAKLAND (BCN) – Two semi-trailers full of items donated to the Salvation Army burned early Sunday morning, destroying the trailers but resulting in no injuries, the Oakland Fire Department said.
Firefighters were called shortly before 3:30 a.m. Sunday for a fire at the Salvation Army facility at Webster and Sixth Streets near Oakland’s Chinatown.
Two semi-truck trailers were fully involved when firefighters arrived.
No surrounding buildings were damaged, firefighters said.
- Five takeaways from primaries in Georgia, Alabama and beyond
- ALERRT active shooter training center developing ‘age-appropriate’ curriculum for students
- Neighbors, town leaders share what spirit of Speedway is all about
- Dutch Bros. responds after deaf customer finds rude message on receipt: ‘Unacceptable’
- Families mourn, worry as victims begin to be identified in wake of elementary school shooting