OAKLAND (BCN) – Two semi-trailers full of items donated to the Salvation Army burned early Sunday morning, destroying the trailers but resulting in no injuries, the Oakland Fire Department said.
Firefighters were called shortly before 3:30 a.m. Sunday for a fire at the Salvation Army facility at Webster and Sixth Streets near Oakland’s Chinatown.
Two semi-truck trailers were fully involved when firefighters arrived.
No surrounding buildings were damaged, firefighters said.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- Caretakers return from remote Hawaiian islands to changed world amid pandemic
- Suspect arrested for hitting 70-year-old man with stick in Petaluma
- It’s not December but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already different
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- Survey shows impact of COVID-19 to California residents