SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KRON) – Police in San Bruno are reminding residents to not leave valuables in cars and to lock your car doors after multiple thefts have been reported.
Around 11:56 p.m. on Friday, authorities received a report of a man checking door handles in the 500 block of Poplar Avenue.
The witness described the man as wearing dark clothing and a white facemask.
When officers arrived, they found a 21-year-old man from San Bruno matching the description.
Police searched the man, his car and home where they found multiple stolen items believed to have been taken from unlocked vehicles.
Authorities say the man was cited and released at the scene.
Police have also received similar reports in the Jenevein corridor. They are looking into the cases to determine whether the 21-year-old man was involved.
The police department asks you to be vigilant to protect yourself and neighbors.
If you have any information on this crime, police ask you to call them at (650) 616-7100 or email: email@example.com.
- Armed robbery suspects flee and crash into building in Fremont
- Biden names 2 aides to legislative affairs team
- Postal Service: Send your holiday packages early
- Newsfeed Now: First US COVID immunizations could arrive Dec. 12; 14-hour wait at new Colo. restaurant
- Cineworld secures financial help until hoped-for reopening