SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - The San Francisco Ballet opens its production of Sleeping Beauty on Saturday, Mar. 9 at 8 p.m.
Principal dancer Vitor Luiz performs the role of Prince Désiré who is Princess Aurora's romantic counterpart.
As Prince Desire, Vitor is responsible, of course, for waking the princess Aurora up, and displaying the Baroque classical technique.
Vitor will dance the role during Sunday's matinee performance at 2 p.m. -- It's his only performance during this run of Beauty, which goes through the Mar. 17.
The Sleeping Beauty, is another family-friendly ballet by the San Francisco Ballet that premieres on Mar. 9.
The show includes lots of fairytale characters (Puss in Boots, the evil fairy godmother, The Lilac Fairy, etc). You can get $25 off tickets with the code "KRON4".
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US