SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – San Francisco’s famous cable cars will return to service on Monday.
Crews spent the last 10 days replacing the cable cars’ gear boxes, which help move the cars uphill.
Transportation officials say the work is part of a project to fix the cars that began two years ago.
The system has been around since the 1870s.
Latest News Headlines:
- Wind advisory: Brace for strong winds across Bay Area
- Cuban asylum-seeker shot dead on Juarez strip days shy of being allowed to enter U.S.
- Barrio Azteca member sentenced to prison for conspiring to traffic crystal meth
- Woman testifies she woke up to ‘That ’70s Show’ actor Danny Masterson raping her
- Biden tours Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center, says future of America is electric cars