SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – San Francisco’s famous cable cars will return to service on Monday.
Crews spent the last 10 days replacing the cable cars’ gear boxes, which help move the cars uphill.
Transportation officials say the work is part of a project to fix the cars that began two years ago.
The system has been around since the 1870s.
Latest News Headlines:
- Florida doctor allegedly tried to buy sex slave with bitcoin: FBI
- ‘Warrior’ teacher Eva Mireles killed in Texas school shooting
- ‘I’m just still scared’: Uvalde 3rd-grader describes surviving massacre
- Millions of airbags eject shrapnel, SF lawsuit claims
- Regional parks warn of rattlesnakes re-emerging