SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – San Francisco’s famous cable cars will return to service on Monday.
Crews spent the last 10 days replacing the cable cars’ gear boxes, which help move the cars uphill.
Transportation officials say the work is part of a project to fix the cars that began two years ago.
The system has been around since the 1870s.
Latest News Headlines:
- OPEC+ announces 2 million-barrel production cut, potentially spiking gas prices
- Screen time affects toddlers’ life skills, study finds
- ‘Rust’ production reaches settlement with Hutchins estate
- Almost three in four Maryland voters favor legalizing marijuana ahead of November referendum: poll
- Man rides on back of big rig for over 100 miles, through 2 states, troopers say