San Francisco could become the first U.S. city to ban e-cigarettes.
The Board of Supervisors approved a measure last week to put restrictions on selling, distributing, or manufacturing e-cigarettes in San Francisco.
On Tuesday the board members are expected to vote and make a final decision.
Leaders say this is a major effort to crack down on kids vaping.
But critics say the ban would not effectively address that problem.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- CALIFORNIA GAS TAX TO INCREASE JULY 1
- PRIDE FLAG FLIES AT STATE CAPITOL FOR FIRST TIME IN STATE HISTORY
- JIMMY BUFFET FANS GET MYSTERIOUSLY SICK IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- HARVARD PULLS PARKLAND GRAD’S ADMISSION OVER RACIST COMMENTS
- BOY FIGHTS OFF INTRUDER WITH MACHETE