SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – On Saturday night, the San Francisco Fire Department responded to 110 fires across the city.
Between the hours of 3 p.m. and Sunday morning at 3 a.m., officials say fires broke out due to burnt food and fireworks.
The department tweeted: “#YOURSFFD was fully staffed last night and staffed an additional five roving fire patrols and EMS units.”
This allowed firefighters to respond rapidly to all incidents and be sure the public was safe.
Officials thanked the sheriff’s and police departments for assisting in controlling the incidents, in additions to public works for cleaning up into Sunday morning.
- California to end eviction protections as lawmakers mull fix
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- Fallen Santa Cruz police officers helped find justice for Tyler Tenorio, investigators say
- California lawmakers propose new tax on rich to boost state revenue during pandemic
- Man arrested following fatal shooting in San Francisco’s SoMa neighborhood