SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The San Francisco Fire Department held a ceremony Wednesday morning to honor the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks that happened 18 years ago to this day.
A moment of silence was also held, followed by a reading of the names of the 343 firefighters who lost their lives.
Many local fire stations around the Bay Area will holding similar ceremonies.
The public is invited to attend.
Latest News Headlines:
- Officials say search for Palo Alto couple missing since Valentine’s Day is now a ‘recovery mission’
- Map shows active TCE cleanup sites near Oakland’s McClymonds High School
- Coronavirus patient being treated at San Francisco hospital
- Kia recalls SUVs, vans; electrical problem can cause fires
- First coronavirus patient in Santa Clara County released from isolation