SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The San Francisco Fire Department held a ceremony Wednesday morning to honor the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks that happened 18 years ago to this day.
A moment of silence was also held, followed by a reading of the names of the 343 firefighters who lost their lives.
Many local fire stations around the Bay Area will holding similar ceremonies.
The public is invited to attend.
Latest News Headlines:
- Executive Director of the San Jose Police Officers’ Association charged with importing fentanyl
- San Jose city council approves plans for Buddhist temple
- Levi’s receiving backlash for new marketing plan that uses AI-generated models
- District attorney charges suspect in deadly crash that killed mom and son
- What does ‘LIV’ stand for in LIV Golf?