SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The San Francisco Giants are changing some things come the new year.
The bullpens at Oracle Park will move from an on-field location in foul territory to a new space behind the center field wall.
The purpose of the relocation was to increase player safety, the team announced.
The new Giants’ and visitors’ bullpens will be located on either side of The Garden, just below the left and center field bleachers.
Several bleacher seats will overlook the bullpens and two new standing room terraces will be built into the bleachers to enhance fan engagement, according to the organization.
- Santa Clara County issuing citations to those not following stay-at-home orders
- Mass isolation and quarantine ordered for COVID-19 patients in Contra Costa County
- States lack key data on virus cases among medical workers
- Golden Gate Park launches virtual concert series to celebrate 150th birthday
- Bay Area business stays open to care for first responders’ dogs during crisis