We all know San Francisco is expensive, but a new study says rent in the city is actually the highest in the world.
According to a study by Walletwyse, the average rent in San Francisco is $3,500.
The study used data from Numbeo, a website that tracks the cost of living in cities around the world, to rank the average rent in 540 cities worldwide, from lowest to highest and color coded by region.
Hamilton, Bermuda ranked No. 2 with average rent at $3,400 and Manhattan took the third spot at $3,050.
Two more Bay Area cities made it pretty high up the list.
San Jose came in fourth, with average rent at $2,500.
Oakland, California ranked No. 5, tied with Hong Kong, China, with rent at $2,450.
Berkeley came in sixth, tying with Boston, Massachusetts, at $2,400.
Now, in which cities do people pay the least rent?
Mysore and Vadodara — both in India — as well as Valenzuela, Philippines took that honor, with rents clocking in at $100.
The cheapest U.S. city is Springfield, Missouri, where rent is $550.
To see the full list, click here.
- POLICE: RICHMOND HOMEOWNER SHOOTS INTRUDER SEVERAL TIMES
- DOGS SWIPE MAIL CARRIER’S LUNCH AND REACTION GOES VIRAL
- STARBUCKS EMPLOYEE FIRED AFTER MOCKING STUTTERING CUSTOMER
- VIRAL VIDEO: WHITE MAN CHALLENGES BLACK FAMILY’S POOL MEMBERSHIP
- MAN DIES AFTER GETTING SUCKED INTO DELTA DRAIN PIPE IN STOCKTON