SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - San Francisco is sitting on top as the nation's healthiest city to live in this year, according to a new report.
Analysts at WalletHub announced the rankings on Monday.
Seattle came in second, followed by San Diego, Portland, and Washington, D.C. rounding out the top five.
Other Bay Area cities that made the list include Fremont (No. 18), San Jose (No. 21), Oakland (No. 34) and Santa Rosa (No. 41).
How'd San Francisco land the No. 1 spot?
Here's how San Francisco ranked in the following categories:
- Most walking trails per capita (No. 1)
- Most running trails per capita (No. 1, tied with Washington, DC)
- Most healthy restaurants per capita (No. 4)
- Lowest percentage of adults not eating enough fruits and vegetables daily (No. 4, tied with Oakland Fremont)
Researchers analyzed more than 170 of the most populated cities nationwide and analyzed them across various factors of good health such as medical visit costs, fruit and vegetable consumption, even fitness clubs per capita.
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCEL LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED 'DEATH PARTY' FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprise hailstorm batters the Bay Area
- California may sue Trump over emergency wall declaration
- Travel to Tahoe 'highly discouraged'; I-80 remains closed as snow continues to hit Sierra Nevada
- Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle collusion lawsuits with NFL