SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Mayor London Breed announced Saturday night that she is implementing a citywide curfew in San Francisco as protests began to turn violent.
The curfew is from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. and is effective immediately.
The mayor says she asked Gov. Gavin Newsom to put the California National Guard on standby.
She made the announcement Saturday night with San Francisco Police Chief William Scott.
The chief said the George Floyd protests were peaceful during the day but once nightfall came, they began to see violence and vandalism.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
- Asm. Isaac Bryan explains effort to change part of CA’s referendum process
- CA GOP Chair Jessica Millan Patterson explain’s her party’s focus in 2024
- Storm destroys $20K worth of inventory at Berkeley deli
- ‘Ant-Man,’ ‘Creed III’ star Jonathan Majors arrested, charged with assault
- Many ski resorts near Bay Area are extending ski seasons, thanks to feet of fresh snow