SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Mayor London Breed announced Saturday night that she is implementing a citywide curfew in San Francisco as protests began to turn violent.
The curfew is from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. and is effective immediately.
The mayor says she asked Gov. Gavin Newsom to put the California National Guard on standby.
She made the announcement Saturday night with San Francisco Police Chief William Scott.
The chief said the George Floyd protests were peaceful during the day but once nightfall came, they began to see violence and vandalism.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
- Trump impeachment goes to Senate, testing his sway over GOP
- Twitter permanently bans MyPillow guy
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- ‘THIS IS ME’: Rioters flaunt involvement in Capitol siege on social media
- Mass vaccination sites ready across U.S., but something’s missing