SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - San Francisco police are investigating an explosion that occurred Sunday morning in the South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood.
The city's bomb squad blocked off the alleyway of Taber Place near Second Street.
Authorities haven't released much information but several buildings had shattered windows and many residents heard the loud explosion.
Jean Harper said, "Literally sounded like a bomb."
Daniel Chen was at a nearby coffee shop when he heard the commotion.
He said, "You could feel the vibrations of the building."
After Harper heard the noise, she took her dog Beeju out for a walk to see what happen.
"I saw the police activity all down this street and they were all looking and pointing to all the windows but baffled," she said. "There was nobody down the street."
KRON4's Gayle Ong was at the scene and saw officers put a man in handcuffs and into a patrol car.
Officers also confiscated what appeared to be explosives and a white plastic bag.
- ROOKIE OFFICER JUST TWO WEEKS INTO JOB SHOT, KILLED IN DAVIS
- KIDNAPPED TEEN JAYME CLOSS SAYS ABDUCTOR KILLED HER PARENTS
- GOFUNDME TO REFUND $20M IN DONATIONS MADE TO 'TRUMP WALL'
- 2 FEMALE ROOKIE OFFICERS SHOT, KILLED IN 2 DAYS
- TEEN DOES 'BIRD BOX CHALLENGE' WHILE DRIVING, ENDS POORLY