SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – In San Francisco, a new report shows a major decrease in violent crimes.
According to the city and the police department, there were 41 homicides last year – that’s the lowest since 1961.
The numbers also reveal decreases in rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.
In addition to more police patrols, the department credits taking illegal guns off the street for the drop in crime rates.
Authorities said last year 96 firearms were seized.
Regarding car burglaries in San Francisco, there has been a 2% decrease for that crime in the last year.
- Police: 24-year-old arrested for stabbing victim multiple times in Fairfield
- Self-styled daredevil dies in crash after rocket launch
- 2nd person in days killed by Mardi Gras float in New Orleans
- CHP investigates fatal accident on Highway 101 in Redwood City
- Study: Eating a big breakfast burns more calories