SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – In San Francisco, a new report shows a major decrease in violent crimes.
According to the city and the police department, there were 41 homicides last year – that’s the lowest since 1961.
The numbers also reveal decreases in rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.
In addition to more police patrols, the department credits taking illegal guns off the street for the drop in crime rates.
Authorities said last year 96 firearms were seized.
Regarding car burglaries in San Francisco, there has been a 2% decrease for that crime in the last year.
- Looters, vandals destroy entire strip mall in Southern California
- Live Blog: Reports of looting in Vallejo lead to officer-involved shooting
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide
- Santa Rosa restaurant hit with rocks over weekend
- Over 70 cars stolen from San Leandro dealership as looting, destruction hit city