SAN JOSE (KRON) — The father of a 1-month-old baby boy who died last year in San Jose was arrested Tuesday in connection to the child’s death.
The suspect, Kevin Khovananth, was arrested nearly eight months after the baby’s death on murder, child abuse and child endangerment charges in connection to his son’s death.
Just before 6 a.m. on Sept. 16, police officers responded to a home on the 6400 block of Berwickshire Way in San Jose for a report of a baby not breathing.
The child, identified by police as 1-month-old Owen Khovananth, was taken to nearby hospital where he later died.
The child is believed to have suffered blunt force trauma.
Khovananth is being held in the Santa Clara County Jail without bail.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ARRESTED IN MOUNTAIN VIEW FOR RAPE OF GIRL HE MET ONLINE
- CONCORD BOWLING ALLEY TARGETED IN ARMED ROBBERY
- FAMILY REMEMBERS FREMONT TEEN KILLED BY SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVER
- YOUTH CHURCH LEADER ARRESTED IN SARATOGA FOR CHILD PORN
- POSSIBLE WATERFRONT BALLPARK DEAL FOR OAKLAND A’S APPROVED