SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Workers at the McDonald’s off North 1st Street in San Jose are demanding that the company give them a break in the form of safety during the coronavirus pandemic.
The workers will walk off the job at 7 a.m., claiming they repeated demands for disinfectant, gloves, and masks are not being met by McDonald’s.
The walk-off follows one at a McDonald’s in the Los Angeles area last night where workers walked off the job after one of their co-workers tested positive for coronavirus.
- Minnesota governor apologizes for arrest of CNN crew
- Live updates: George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- Protest turns violent in San Jose following death of George Floyd
- White House on lockdown as protest breaks out nearby
- City of Oakland prepares in anticipation of protests