MILPITAS (KRON) - A 17-year-old San Jose boy was arrested with an assault weapon at a Milpitas hotel last week, police said.
On Sunday at around 1:32 a.m., police responded to the Embassy Suites Hotel, located at 901 E. Calaveras Blvd. in Milpitas, on a report of a fight-in-progress on the third floor.
The report said the fight involved 20 people.
When police arrived, they found the boy in the lobby. He ran from police and officers chased after him.
While running away from police, the boy threw a Mac-11 assault pistol on the ground and kept running, police said. Officers caught the boy in the parking lot and found a loaded extended magazine on the ground.
All the other people involved in the fight ran away or did not cooperate with police.
The teen was booked into the Santa Clara County Juvenile Hall for carrying a concealed firearm, possession of an assault weapon, resisting arrest, tampering with evidence, and for being
in possession of an extended magazine.
- SMOKE FROM CAMP FIRE POURS INTO BAY AREA
- CAMP FIRE IN BUTTE COUNTY EXPLODES IN SIZE
- INTERACTIVE MAP: WHERE IS THE CAMP FIRE BURNING
- NAPA NATIVE, NICE OF 'SISTER, SISTER' ACTRESS DIES IN SHOOTING
- WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE GUNMAN IN THOUSAND OAKS MASSACRE
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby dies after mom's boyfriend fractures his skull on Valentine's Day
- Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage was not supposed to own a gun, police say
- 4 arrested after police chase in San Francisco
- Over 220-pounds of cocaine seized in Ventura County