SANTA CLARA (KRON) — Santa Clara County has declared a state of emergency due to the power outages, according to officials.
PG&E has set up a community resource center at Avaya Stadium in San Jose for the impacted communities.
PG&E, the National Weather Service and local agencies are working together to maintain situational awareness to make sure public information is consistently available.
Shutoffs were pushed back to around 8 p.m. in Contra Costa, Alameda and Santa Clara counties after anticipating shutoffs around noon.
Officials warn that power restoration could take up to five days.
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Boxer Patrick Day dies 4 days after fight
- Game show contestant gives hilarious intro about ‘loveless marriage’
- Juul halts sales of fruit, dessert flavors for e-cigarettes
- White House says next G-7 to be held at a Trump golf resort
- Trump rule may mean 1 million kids lose automatic free lunch