SANTA CLARA (KRON) — Santa Clara County has declared a state of emergency due to the power outages, according to officials.
PG&E has set up a community resource center at Avaya Stadium in San Jose for the impacted communities.
PG&E, the National Weather Service and local agencies are working together to maintain situational awareness to make sure public information is consistently available.
Shutoffs were pushed back to around 8 p.m. in Contra Costa, Alameda and Santa Clara counties after anticipating shutoffs around noon.
Officials warn that power restoration could take up to five days.
- Mexico’s use of soldiers to stem migrant flow to U.S. will lead to abuse, experts say
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests positive for COVID-19
- Migrants face ‘chain of lies’ on border journey often ending in deportation
- Woman’s $26M lotto ticket destroyed in laundry: What happens now