SANTA CLARA (KRON) — Santa Clara County has declared a state of emergency due to the power outages, according to officials.
PG&E has set up a community resource center at Avaya Stadium in San Jose for the impacted communities.
PG&E, the National Weather Service and local agencies are working together to maintain situational awareness to make sure public information is consistently available.
Shutoffs were pushed back to around 8 p.m. in Contra Costa, Alameda and Santa Clara counties after anticipating shutoffs around noon.
Officials warn that power restoration could take up to five days.
- San Francisco city officials remind public of COVID-19 health orders amid heat wave
- San Jose pastor, volunteers help homeless stay hydrated during heat wave
- Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death
- New statewide portal launched to help counties recruit poll workers ahead of November election
- Appeal filed for man convicted of murdering Nia Wilson