SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Santa Clara County has the most confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Bay Area.
As of Thursday afternoon, the total number of cases in the county was 1,019 after 63 new cases were reported.
The first known case of the coronavirus was in Santa Clara County, where the spread of the virus appears to be spreading the most in the Bay.
In response, the County launched two new data dashboards with detailed COVID-19 information regarding hospital capacity and laboratory testing.
As of April 2, 9,218 people were tested and 1,019 had a positive result. 174 tests are pending.
One chart breaks down cases and deaths by age and gender. About 47-percent of confirmed cases in Santa Clara County are women and 53-percent are men, according to the graph.
For more information, visit the official County of Santa Clara website.
Latest News Headlines:
- Another huge blow to US workers expected in May jobs report
- Local medical experts weigh in on large protests amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Family outraged after Vallejo police shoot, kill 22-year-old after mistaking hammer for gun
- Protests continue across Bay Area in wake of George Floyd’s death
- New video of San Francisco police arresting man in January raises concerns