SAN JOSE (KRON) – County workers with the Santa Clara County Department of Family and Children’s Services are protesting unfair labor practices Wednesday morning.
Whether it be a public health nurse, janitor, or librarian – people in about a dozen different departments will all be present in large crowds trying to make a point that they need to be treated and paid more fairly.
These employees work across the county providing healthcare at hospitals and clinics at Valley Medical Center.
They maintain roads.
They provide mental health services at county jails.
They protect children and elders from abuse.
They even work in law enforcement.
There is no end date for this strike so far.
Latest News Headlines:
- Proud Boys revel in President Trump’s mention of group
- Angwin under mandatory evacuation order due to Glass Fire
- 16 federal firefighting grants approved in California
- Hillary Clinton responds to ‘would you shut up, man’ moment at presidential debate
- Santa Rosa family loses everything in Glass Fire