SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KRON) – The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is currently reviewing new state guidelines and preparing to reopen soon.
They have yet to announce an official date for reopening.
“We are excited by the State’s announcement that amusement parks in California will be allowed to reopen beginning April 1. We are currently reviewing the new guidelines and preparing to reopen our rides and attractions in a manner that is safe for our guests and employees. We look forward to announcing a reopening date for rides and attractions soon. Stay tuned!” the boardwalk wrote in a statement to KRON4.
While rides are still closed for the time being, guests can still enjoy games and food.
Indoor arcades and miniature golf remain closed as well.
The full list of attractions includes:
- Outdoor games open Mon-Fri 11am-5pm, Sat-Sun 10:30am‑6pm
- Boardwalk Racers, a new pedal kart attraction, open weekends and holidays from 11:30am‑6pm
- Wave Rider, a 3-lane ocean-view slide, open weekends and holidays from 12pm‑5pm
- Delicious treats at a variety of food locations for outdoor dining, take‑out and delivery. See hours.
- Variety of shopping locations. See hours.
- Beach Access open daily, Mon-Fri: 11am-5pm, Sat-Sun and holidays: 9:30am‑7pm
- Drive-In Movies are scheduled as normal
- The Season Pass Office, located at the Boardwalk’s Main Entrance, is open daily from 8:30am‑5pm.
- All locations are operating in accordance with state guidelines and local regulations.
The boardwalk will also enforce mask wearing, sanitizing, limited capacities and spaced out seating to encourage social distancing. A full list of the precautions can be found on the boardwalk’s website.