SANTA ROSA (KRON) – A local neurosurgeon charged with murder is expected in court today.
Dr. Thomas Keller is accused of killing 5 patients by giving them an obscene amount of pain pills.
The 72-year-old doctor is also accused of signing off on anywhere from 180 to 300 powerful painkillers per prescription to his patients.
Prosecutors allege Keller did this while ignoring warnings from pharmacies and insurance companies.
Latest News Headlines:
- Real estate: What $500K gets you in Tampa vs. Cleveland
- Police: Officer murdered after man denied entry for not wearing a mask
- Raiders release receiver Tyrell Williams
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- ‘They finally stop living in fear’: Advocates reflect on return of asylum-seekers to US