SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) – Scouts BSA Troop 400 Boys & Girls helped clean up John Mise Park in San Jose during the first California Coastal Cleanup Saturday in September.
“Protect Your Happy Place” is apart of the state’s largest annual volunteer event, organized by California Coastal Commission.
The annual Coastal Cleanup is usually only one day, but due to coronavirus, it will be held every Saturday this month.
Families and organizations held smaller cleanups in their own area to allow social distancing.
The Coastal Commission says cleaning your neighborhoods, local parks, streets, and storm drains helps protect the coast.
For information on how to get involved visit www.cleanacreek.org
- Trump, Mar-a-Lago and Merrick Garland: Five key questions answered
- Astonished Democrats set to clear finish line with climate, tax, health care package
- 33 Tehama Apartments in SF flood again
- Bay Area-based company can help test for monkeypox through blood testing
- Anne Heche not expected to survive after fiery Mar Vista crash, spokesperson says