CASTRO VALLEY, Calif. (KRON) – A 12-year-old girl has died after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Castro Valley on Monday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Around 3:27 p.m., CHP officials say it happened in the area of Crow Canyon and Manter Road.
The driver fled the scene after striking the 12-year-old who was suffering from major injuries.
The girl was taken to the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in Oakland.
Officers say the driver was last seen on Crow Canyon driving toward Interstate 580.
The suspect is described as a white or Hispanic man between the age of 25 and 35 driving a lifted black Ford F-150 pickup truck.
If you have any information about this collision, you are asked to call authorities at (510) 582-9028.
No other details have been released at this time.
- No plexiglass for final Biden-Trump presidential debate
- Lawsuit of Michael Jackson sexual abuse accuser dismissed
- Find Sydney West: Friends, family gather in Pleasanton holding onto hope
- Watch Live: The stage is set, without plexiglass, before final Biden-Trump presidential debate
- Ho Ho No! Santa Claus won’t be coming to Macy’s this year