SANTA ROSA (KRON) - A service was held on Saturday in Santa Rosa to remember Danica Kemp.
The 10-year-old died from a brain tumor less than two weeks ago.
Her classmates at Binkley Elementary School in Santa Rosa had been rallying behind her.
Before her service, friends decorated their cars in Danica's memory and brought purple balloons which were later released into the sky. Purple was Danica's favorite color.
Two days before Danica passed, pop-superstar Meghan Trainor tweeted a get well wish for the youngster.
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCEL LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED 'DEATH PARTY' FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprise hailstorm batters the Bay Area
- California may sue Trump over emergency wall declaration
- Travel to Tahoe 'highly discouraged'; I-80 remains closed as snow continues to hit Sierra Nevada
- Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle collusion lawsuits with NFL