SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Runway repairs at San Francisco International Airport will be completed a week ahead of schedule.
In a statement released Wednesday, airport officials said the Runway 28L Reconstruction project will be complete on Thursday, Sept. 19.
All runways are expected to reopen at 9 p.m.
The runway has been closed since Saturday, Sept. 7 and has caused hundreds of flight delays and cancellations.
At this time SFO still advises travelers to continue to expect delays and potential cancellations and recommends travelers check with their airline directly for the latest updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- Trump accused of ‘weaponizing’ COVID response to split immigrant families
- US lawmakers introduce bill that would give billions to schools, libraries for internet access
- NHL adopts 24-team playoff format if it can resume season
- Woman fired after backlash from racist park confrontation
- Bay Area high school students launch online jewelry store; money raised to be donated to local medical center