SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Tuesday marks the fourth day of a three-week construction project on a runway at SFO, and there have already been hundreds of flight delays and cancellations.
A new base will be built along the 1,900-foot stretch to where 2-8 left runway meets the intersection of another runway, affecting both departures and arrivals.
The project is expected to be completed by Friday, Sept. 27.
Latest News Headlines:
- Vandals leave pig’s head, blood smeared on former Bay Area home of Derek Chauvin defense witness
- Stalker arrested at Taylor Swift’s New York building: police
- Sheriff’s Office: Skydiver dies after parachute gets tangled in Lodi
- Dog receives award after saving his owner’s life
- Two killed in fiery Tesla crash without anyone in the driver’s seat