San Francisco’s police chief is firing back after receiving national backlash after the department raided the home of freelance journalist Bryan Carmody.
The chief believes Carmody is “possibly a co-conspirator” in the theft of public defender Jeff Adachi’s death report.
Adachi died back in February.
That death report said Adachi collapsed in the presence of a woman who was not his wife.
It was later found that he had cocaine and alcohol in his system.
The death report also found that Adachi’s unhealthy heart contributed to his death.
Carmody has not given up his source for the information.
Officers brought sledgehammers to get inside his home in San Francisco.
Freedom of speech advocates say the raid crossed the line.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS