Authorities are looking into the circumstances surrounding the death of San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi who died Friday night, according to KRON4 sources.
Sources confirm the San Franciso Police Department is investigating whether his death is suspicious in nature.
Adachi was found dead at 46 Telegraph Place near Coit Tower.
News of his death prompted an outpour of messages from California leaders like Sen. Kamala Harris, Gov. Gavin Newsom, and San Francisco Mayor London Breed.
The San Francisco Medical Examiner is expected to perform an autopsy to confirm the cause of his death, however, it is believed he suffered a heart attack.
This story is still developing. Please check back for updates.
- WHAT PARENTS, STUDENTS CAN EXPECT DURING OAKLAND TEACHER STRIKE
- MEGA-STORM COULD DAMAGE STATE 3X AS MUCH AS MAJOR QUAKE
- ‘BABY SAVINGS DAY’: WALMART OFFERS HUGE DISCOUNTS TO PARENT
- WOMAN DECAPITATED WROTE NOTE: HUSBAND WOULDN’T PAY RANSOM
- MOM GETS LIFE FOR DEATH OF BABY FOUND IN MAGGOT-INFESTED DIAPER