SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Authorities are on the scene of a barricaded suspect situation in San Francisco Tuesday morning.
According to police, officers responded to the 500 block of Jones Street around 6:36 a.m. after someone reported a person with a knife.
Officers contacted the suspect at the scene, and an officer-involved shooting occurred, police said.
The suspect then ran away into a building on the 300 block of Ellis Street, where tactical units and crisis/hostage negotiations team continue to communicate with the suspect, officials said.
“We are in communication with the subject and are trying to attain a peaceful resolution,” SFPD tweeted.
No information on whether or not the suspect is injured was immediately available.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Anti-abortionists invaded San Francisco hospital, DA says
- San Jose councilmember calls for repeal of city’s anti-cruising ordinance
- Rockies reporter struck in head with 95 mph ball hit by Giants player
- FOR SALE: ‘Basement house’ Zillow listing goes viral
- Dear reader, ‘Bridgerton’ experience coming to SF