SONOMA COUNTY (KRON) – Sonoma County leaders approved the purchase of four properties that will be turned into shared housing for the homeless.
One of the properties is at 866 Sonoma Avenue in Santa Rosa.
That’s located one block away from the police department and next door to a rehabilitation and mental health facility and church.
The other approved properties are along Arthur Street in Cotati.
The proposal came as homeless encampments continue to grow along a popular bike trail in the county, leading to major health problems such as rat infestation.
- Novato Police: Missing 11-year-old found safe
- Take the confusion out of food labels
- Palo Alto couple missing since Valentine’s Day found alive
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- Search for missing Palo Alto couple now recovery mission