A man attempting to steal from a San Francisco grocery store on Saturday cut a security guard as he was trying to stop the crime, authorities say.
The incident happened around 1:16 p.m. at a Safeway in the Inner Richmond neighborhood located in the 700 block of 7th Avenue.
The victim, who’s in his 40s, was cut on the arm and sustained non-life threatening injuries.
He was not taken to the hospital, officers say.
The suspect has not yet been identified, but he was arrested following the incident.
Authorities have not disclosed the weapon used in the attack.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS