BOSTON (KRON) – Manuel Henriquez, the head of a Silicon Valley hedge fund who became ensnared in the college admissions scandal, has agreed to plead guilty.
Henriquez pleaded guilty in Boston federal court on Friday.
His plea hearing is scheduled for Oct. 21.
Henriquez and his wife had turned themselves in on charges of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud, according to federal prosecutors.
Henriquez is the founder of Palo Alto-based hedge fund and venture capital investment firm Hercules Capital.
Latest News Headlines:
- Vallejo cold case murder solved nearly 50 years later
- Tokyo Disneyland temporarily closed due to coronavirus outbreak
- Oakland Police Commission measure questioned after police chief fired
- Vehicle-pedestrian collision leaves 1 dead, 1 hospitalized in Antioch
- Facebook cancels annual F8 conference due to coronavirus concerns