BOSTON (KRON) – Manuel Henriquez, the head of a Silicon Valley hedge fund who became ensnared in the college admissions scandal, has agreed to plead guilty.
Henriquez pleaded guilty in Boston federal court on Friday.
His plea hearing is scheduled for Oct. 21.
Henriquez and his wife had turned themselves in on charges of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud, according to federal prosecutors.
Henriquez is the founder of Palo Alto-based hedge fund and venture capital investment firm Hercules Capital.
Latest News Headlines:
- Crews battle fires burning in Benicia, Rodeo
- San Francisco Giants confirm 2 more individuals test positive for COVID-19
- Senator: Brands, companies should take action against racial inequality
- Olympic postponement may give gymnast chance to qualify in 2021
- Air Quality Advisory extended for parts of Bay Area through Tuesday