The Palo Alto City Council has voted to ban the use of plastic produce bags in grocery stores and farmers’ markets.
The new ordinance also bans plastic straws and utensils.
It also mandates that alternatives in restaurants must be reusable or compostable.
The ban goes further than other similar bans around the Bay Area.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF