SOLANO COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Solano County Public Health officials announced Friday its shelter at home order will be extended through May 17.
The order directs residents to stay at home except to get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care and to engage in essential activities and work.
The county’s health order extension is in line with Governor Gavin Newsom’s orders and works to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
As of Friday afternoon, there are nearly 200 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Solano County and four deaths.
This story will be updated.
Latest News Headlines:
- House seeks answers on PPE shortages at the beginning of coronavirus pandemic
- Trump accused of ‘weaponizing’ COVID response to split immigrant families
- US lawmakers introduce bill that would give billions to schools, libraries for internet access
- NHL adopts 24-team playoff format if it can resume season
- Woman fired after backlash from racist park confrontation