SOLANO COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Solano County Public Health officials announced Friday its shelter at home order will be extended through May 17.
The order directs residents to stay at home except to get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care and to engage in essential activities and work.
The county’s health order extension is in line with Governor Gavin Newsom’s orders and works to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
As of Friday afternoon, there are nearly 200 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Solano County and four deaths.
This story will be updated.
Latest News Headlines:
- Suspect arrested in Berkeley homicide
- 87 pounds of marijuana found on flight from San Francisco
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- With new California border crossing in the works, connecting highway also takes shape
- Parts of Meadowood Resort destroyed in Glass Fire