CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) – Governor Gavin Newsom is ordering bars to shut down in several California counties including Los Angeles County, because cases of coronavirus are rising faster than they would like to see.
He is also recommending other counties not to reopen bars, like Contra Costa and Santa Clara counties here in the Bay Area.
Today Contra Costa County officials will release information on what they plan to do timeline-wise on bars and other businesses.
This announcement was made on Friday before the governor’s decision on Sunday.
The governor’s order applies to bars and pubs that serve alcohol, but not food.
For places that do both, they will have to be takeout for their drinks, or patio seating.
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- 2 residents charged with hate crime for vandalizing Black Lives Matter mural in Martinez
- Lawmakers want independent probe into Vanessa Guillen’s murder
- Return to schools won’t be a one-size-fits-all deal, says Fauci