CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) – Governor Gavin Newsom is ordering bars to shut down in several California counties including Los Angeles County, because cases of coronavirus are rising faster than they would like to see.
He is also recommending other counties not to reopen bars, like Contra Costa and Santa Clara counties here in the Bay Area.
Today Contra Costa County officials will release information on what they plan to do timeline-wise on bars and other businesses.
This announcement was made on Friday before the governor’s decision on Sunday.
The governor’s order applies to bars and pubs that serve alcohol, but not food.
For places that do both, they will have to be takeout for their drinks, or patio seating.
- Robert Redford’s ‘Horse Whisper Ranch’ hits the market for $4.9M
- Do plexiglass COVID barriers really work, and what will become of them?
- Cashier shot and killed in supermarket over store’s mask policy: sheriff
- 19-year-old shot during botched home-invasion robbery in Antioch
- Classroom mask mandate up in the air for San Francisco schools