SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Mayor London Breed on Friday announced that outdoor personal services will resume in San Francisco starting Sept. 1.
Businesses and services that can reopen outdoors include:
- Hair salons
- Nail salons
Gyms and fitness centers will be able to reopen on Sept. 9.
Only services where both clients and providers can wear face masks at all times will be allowed to resume.
Additionally, Mayor Breed said one of the city’s top priorities for reopening include the gradual opening of classrooms and services that support the development of children and other activities that can take place outdoors.
While San Francisco remains on the state watch list, in-classroom learning can only continue for elementary schools with a waiver from the Department of Public Heaslth.
Officials said at this time, 53 schools have notified DPH of their desire to apply for waivers for in-classroom learning.
To learn more about the amended reopening public health guidance, click here.
- East Bay celebrates Vice President Harris taking office
- San Mateo County health officer criticizes COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- Winning numbers for Wednesday’s $730 million Powerball jackpot
- ‘Destined for great things’: Bay Area colleagues react to swearing-in of Vice President Harris
- Fight against COVID-19: What Biden will change