SANTA ROSA, Calif. (KRON) — Sonoma County has confirmed a second case of coronavirus through community spread exposure.
The Sonoma County Department of Health Services says this case hasn’t traveled recently.
DHS has contacted the infected person and asked them to self-quarantine.
Sonoma County health officials reported the first confirmed case of community spread of COVID-19 on Saturday, March 14.
Sonoma County has three additional local cases of coronavirus, all with connections to
international cruise ship travel.
County officials say they will release more information as it becomes available.
Check back for updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- Fresh pizza vending machine prompts curiosity and horror in Rome
- Suspect arrested for string of violent crimes in San Francisco
- Levee system’s integrity questioned as crews begin fixing more prominent breaches in South Texas
- More apprehensions at California ports of entry leads to ‘excruciating’ border waits for commuters
- Crews contain fire at Walnut Creek senior care facility