SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – A Spare the Air Alert is in effect for Monday.
This will be the district’s 19th Spare the Air Alert of the year due to smog.
Spare the Air Alerts are issued when ozone pollution is forecast to reach unhealthy levels which can cause numerous respiratory difficulties.
Outdoor exercise should be done only in the early morning hours when ozone concentrations are lower.
Latest News Headlines:
- Bay Area business owners cautiously optimistic after stay-at-home orders lifted
- Investigation underway after Bay Area hospital gives teachers COVID vaccine
- California stay-at-home order lifted
- Hawaii man survives lightning strike, then beats COVID-19
- Here’s how San Jose’s Independent Police Auditor role is expanding