MILPITAS, Calif. (KRON) – Authorities are investigating a man fatally shot after he stabbed by his step-son in Milpitas on Sunday.
It happened just before 1 p.m. inside an apartment in the 130 block of North Temple Drive.
According to officials, responding officers saw the 19-year-old suspect outside the apartment still armed with a large kitchen knife.
In an attempt to deescalate the situation, one officer tried to calm the man down by conversing with him but when ordered by police to drop his knife and surrender, the suspect walked away instead, according to authorities.
As a second responding officer arrived, the 19-year-old suspect suddenly changed his direction and ran quickly at one of the officers yelling “kill me.”
That’s when an officer shot the suspect, officials said.
The suspect was taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries. His identity has not yet been released.
The 34-year-old stabbing victim was treated at a local hospital and is recovering.
No other details were immediately available.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Milpitas Police Department at 408-586-2400. Anonymous tips can be sent to the Crime Tip Hotline at 408-586-2500.
- Teen shot to death in East Oakland
- New California law prompted by crash that killed Kobe Bryant
- Glass Fire evacuation center set up at Sonoma Raceway
- Spare the Air Alert extended through Friday amid Glass Fire smoke
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal