LOS GATOS (KRON) – It’s snowing in parts of the Bay Area!
Snow is being reported on Highway 17 at the Summit.
A cold front brought heavy rain to most of the Bay Area and snow to the higher elevations of the Santa Cruz Mountains Thursday.
The California Highway Patrol is advising all drivers to take caution as the roadway is slushy all the way from Los Gatos to just over the Summit.
According to the National Weather Service, it’s also snowing on Mt. Umunhum in the Santa Cruz Mountains of Santa Clara County, which sits at 3,500 feet.
Snow was also seen Thursday on the top of Mount Diablo.
- Prosecutors: 2 Buffalo police officers charged with assault
- Body camera footage shows Alameda PD handcuff black man for ‘dancing in street’
- More businesses allowed to reopen in Sonoma County
- FBI seeks help tracking down van used in shooting that killed federal officer
- After a forgettable season, Warriors ready to move forward