LOS GATOS (KRON) – It’s snowing in parts of the Bay Area!
Snow is being reported on Highway 17 at the Summit.
A cold front brought heavy rain to most of the Bay Area and snow to the higher elevations of the Santa Cruz Mountains Thursday.
The California Highway Patrol is advising all drivers to take caution as the roadway is slushy all the way from Los Gatos to just over the Summit.
According to the National Weather Service, it’s also snowing on Mt. Umunhum in the Santa Cruz Mountains of Santa Clara County, which sits at 3,500 feet.
Snow was also seen Thursday on the top of Mount Diablo.
- 28-year-old faces several charges after sexually assaulting 3 women in Fremont
- LIST: These stores no longer require face masks for vaccinated customers
- Florida man jams thumb into alligator’s eye to save his dog
- Muni to resume service in San Francisco
- NY Rep. Elise Stefanik elected as new GOP Conference Chair