WALNUT CREEK (KRON) - A powerful storm slamming the Bay Area caused a huge tree to come crashing down in Walnut Creek Wednesday morning.
The tree was on a private property off Homestead Avenue.
Fortunately, no one was injured when the tree fell.
Public Works has responded and is working on clearing the tree.
Officials say they will have to chop it down to get rid of it and it could take several hours.
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCER LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED 'DEATH PARTY' FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby dies after mom's boyfriend fractures his skull on Valentine's Day
- Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage was not supposed to own a gun, police say
- 4 arrested after police chase in San Francisco
- Over 220-pounds of cocaine seized in Ventura County