SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – A University of San Francisco student has been taken into custody after an incident at the university.
According to USF officials, an alert sent late Sunday “sparked campus-wide concern” and students had come forward concerned “about a fellow student’s message and posts on social media.”
University officials said there was never an active shooter on campus.
“Public Safety collaborated with SFPD and our student was taken into custody. We will continue to work with all involved and understand that this is a very difficult situation for our community,” USF tweeted in a statement Monday.
After-hours mental health support and consultation is available by calling ProtoCall at 415-422-6352 and pressing option 2.
Latest News Headlines:
- US economy shrank at faster-than-expected 5% rate in first quarter
- TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods to reopen most stores by end of June
- San Jose cooling centers reopen for last day of heat wave
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at cop to ‘infect him so he dies’
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 28, 2020